Today we enjoyed meeting up with some of Laura's college friends for a morning at the zoo (one of whom is hopping on plane to move back to Seattle tomorrow....sniff). It was fun to watch our little ones play with each other, and see animals! Andrew was funny this morning when we told him we were going to the zoo - he said he didn't want to go because he didn't want to see bears. One of his favorite books for the last year has been "We're going a bear hunt", which has spurred many hours of imaginary play running from bears. But alas, by the end of our day at the zoo, he wanted to see the bears - which ironically were at the other end/bottom of the zoo...so next time we will see bears.

Laura, Kathryn, Erika and our kids

Caden and Andrew mooo at the cow
We had one scary moment - Caden wondered off when were weren't looking (Dave thought I was watching, he thought I was watching, and we were looking after our friends child for a moment), and suddenly he was NOWHERE to be seen. I had several minutes of sheer panic as we ran around in opposite directions looking for him, but Dave found him several hundred feet away just walking around (a small group of adults had gathered figuring he belonged to someone). He wasn't the least bit bothered - I was a mess. Needless to say, he was strapped back into the stroller.
Caden on a mission
Wow!! That must have been terrifying not knowing where Caden went! But, now that you've had that experience, you can cross that one off your parent list and never have to repeat it...Lord willing!
ReplyDeleteFunny that you should mention the bears! Our boys still look around your parent's house for bears...thanks to Andrew's awesome imagination!! :)
We lost Jordan once in Walmart...same situation. But she was only 20 feet away walking side by side with a random black family. The mom was talking to her all the while looking for Jordan's mom and dad. There were no other black families anywhere to be seen, so this mom was as panicked as I was as she was looking for Jordan's family! Once I found her I was relieved, but laughing pretty hard at this poor woman who was shocked beyond belief that I was indeed Jordan's mom. It is so scary to have them wander off though. It is in those moments when you realize how much they really mean to you. Oh, and we are going to the zoo tomorrow too, just me and J.
ReplyDelete