After getting settled back in from Seattle, we decided it was time for Caden to say bye bye to paci. I've been dreading this for months (although he's only had it in his crib, Caden looooooves paci), but wanted to get the transition over before all of our Fall craziness began, and we still had time for slow lazy mornings if needed ;). Well, much to our surprise (and delight) the departure of paci has been amazingly smooth. Dave spent some good time talking to Caden about how 2 year olds were too old for paci's, and we've made an effort to get him attached to his blankie and puppy instead. So come night one, he fussed for a few minutes and then slept through the night. I wasn't sure how nap time would go the next day, but he went down without a peep. Really?? It's now been more than a week, and we're still going strong (two nights of random wakings, but unrelated to the absence of paci). I can't believe what a big boy Caden is becoming - way to go buddy!
YAY!!! :) That's AWESOME!! You're inspiring me!! Perhaps we will take on this special project with our little one next week...
ReplyDeleteBy the way, LOVE the cute pic of Caden that Sonja took! :) Hope you liked the others too!
I am SO glad you commented on the blog - I didn't know you had one and I am having a BALL reading about you guys. Another boy on the way? So fun. You look and sound so happy. Such a joy to see you. I'm excited to read more.
ReplyDelete