It's hard to stay inside this time of year. A bit of what we've been up to:
Apple picking last Saturday morning at Homestead Farm.
We rode out with the Choi's, so I had the rare opportunity to sit in the backseat between my two boys - we all loved it. Dave was sick, so stayed home with Will (who enjoyed a long nap in a quiet house).
Munchin as we picked.
Andrew was a serious picker.
Happy boys - Andrew still in picking mode (he was much too busy to stop for this picture).
We picked Fuju and Pink Lady - yum.
Couldn't pass this up.I was shocked we actually got a picture with normal facial expressions - it's so much more fun to stick out your tongue.
We stopped at Rocklands Farm (just around the corner - location of our wonderful summer CSA) on the way home for their Artesian Fall festival.
I was too busy eating extremely yummy food to take many pictures, but did nab this one of the boys eating popcorn with our dear friend Janis.
On Wednesday I got to accompany Caden on his very firstfield trip - pumpkin picking back at Homestead farm.
He loved the hay ride....and throwing hay on the hay ride. :)
Enjoying a snack with his class at the end. A sweet friend from YCF was kind enough to watch Will for the morning, so I was able to enjoy time with just Caden.
Dave took the big boys to Great Falls, VA this morning for a little adventure, so I could get a few things done around the house (it was wonderful...and so productive).






Oh my goodness, such fun pictures! Looks like you all are enjoying the fall to the max! Especially adore the pic of Will... he's looking so mature these days! Can't wait to see you all at the end of the month... maybe we can have our own afternoon adventure collecting and pressing fun-colored leaves!
ReplyDeleteLove all the pictures!! I look at them everyday:) Sure do miss you guys. Andrew needs to keep up the drumming on your block - he will certainly be a bit hit! Love, Grandma Kathy
ReplyDelete