Coming out to the kitchen this morning to find Caden under the table sneaking cookies (it was hard to keep a straight face).
Packing Caden's lunch, Andrew's lunch, and Will's lunch, and then remembering that it was my turn to bring snack to Bible study, so rummaged a few things together, and stopped at the the store on my way (after dropping Caden off at school).
A sweet morning of fellowship with dear friends.
Taking Andrew on a lunch date to Starbucks, hearing him say: "Mom, you're the bestest ever".
And later as we were walking out of the store , "Mom, a lot of people like our baby".
Picking up Caden at preschool after lunch bunch (we pretended we were an ambulance on our way to save a man with a heart attack on the way there). Walking out of school and up a very busy stairway, Caden discovers that his shoe is untied. He wanted them tied right there. I had Will in my arms, and couldn't put him down . Tantrum ensued. I scoop him up in the other arm so we can get outside and unblock the stairway. Lovely.
After we got home, Andrew tried to carry a huge armful of leaves into our house - "I'm collecting them!".
Going into the bathroom to find this note (Dave had come home for leftovers for lunch):
And this in the fishbowl:
Apparently Caden was up to a bit more than stealing cookies this morning (or he just wanted to have a feast with the fish).
Got all three boys down for naps/rest time, and then the phone rang - heavy conversation. Will woke up very early from his nap.
Finally, the moment I've been looking forward to all week arrived. We were off to bring a meal to some dear friends, who just brought their beautiful son home from Ethiopia 3 days ago.
***I forgot about this moment*** As we were walking to the car, a colarless Addy bolted outside . Andrew, our worrier, panics. I fasten Will in, and luckily Addy has been content to smell a pile of leaves just across the street. I pick her up and carry her inside. (And later that night I discovered 2 tics on her - awesome).
On the way there Caden took his seat belt off in rush hour traffic. I may have hit the brakes hard on purpose to teach him a wee lesson (I think it worked). And then getting out of the car while waiting at a light on Connecticut Ave to fasten him back in (and yes, the light turned green mid fasten).Such sweet moments meeting this beautiful boy - the long awaited answer to fervent prayer. Dave was supposed to join us, but needed to make a hospital visit.
Back to church for dinner with several hundred of our Jesus family.
After a wonderful kids program, put very hyper boys to bed, and am now surrounded by piles of folded laundry and a clean fish bowl ;).
Oooh, one more to add. Dave was just moving Andrew back into his bed (he was put to bed in the guest room), and had him go to the bathroom on the way. Andrew wasn't quite awake and proceed to pee without lifting the lid, and therefore ALL over the bathroom. Awesome.
And this doesn't include many other moments of defiance - running away, hitting me in the face, direct disobedience (I promise we discipline our kids....which leaves me to wonder what it would look like if we didn't?). God is good. His mercies are new every morning. Speaking of which, I need to go to bed. Tomorrow morning is coming much too soon.
Delightful! Thanks for sharing your day :) You are an amazing woman, and I am forever impressed by your love, patience and strength!
ReplyDeleteIt's refreshing to hear some of the frustrating things as well as the good things we usually see on your blog. We all have those times!
ReplyDeleteI hope that didn't come across in a bad way! I meant it in a good way!
ReplyDelete