Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Caden St. Patrick Day

We O'Connell's like to celebrate St. Patty's day.  And this year we realized it's an especially fun day for Caden since Patrick is his middle name ;).  
Dave took the boys out to our favorite farm (a local CSA farmed by dear friends) to see some baby animals, while Will and I went to a birthday party for one of his 2 year old buddies.
 Taking turns on the tire swing...we have so many pics like this, but I love them all.

 Meeting the baby pigs.
 20 or so people on horseback passed by on a fox hunt.
Meeting the kids - definitely their favorite.
How cute is that?
 
Some afternoon popcorn and March Madness.
 Thursday we enjoyed having the ycf crew in for Shepherd's pie before Bible Study.  I left things like this for Dave to finish up (Shepherd's Pie in the oven, sticky notes all over the kitchen)....because sometimes you just have to do Math night.  Andrew had been asking for weeks to go to "Math Night" at his school, and knowing we'd be having 50+ people for dinner that night, I was just hoping it could slide off the radar.  But the 2 days leading up, I could tell how desperately he wanted to go.  Not wanting him to feel like he was missing out because of our ministry, we made it work.  I was SO glad we did - he had a blast, and we had such sweet conversation on the way home (and dinner went great - thanks to my wonderful husband, and many other helpful hands).

 And what better way to end St. Patty's day than Guinness Beef Pot Pie...
followed by an unseasonably warm post dinner walk.

1 comment:

  1. Math Night - sounds like my kind of place. I'm glad you guys went. I should ask Andrew about it.

    ReplyDelete