Thursday, July 15, 2010

Grandpa and Grandma come to play

I was so grateful that my parents were able to come for a visit while Dave was away in Mexico for the week. Grandma Kathy arrived first, with Grandpa Jack arriving a few days later via an 8 day cross country driving adventure with one of his best friends. We all had so much fun, and this tired mama was especially appreciative for the help and general "lift" is was for me. It was so nice to run errands, get needed maintenance done on our cars, get my visa updated so I'm travel ready next Spring, finish a few projects around the house and yard, SLEEP IN, and have some special one on one time with each of my boys. I even attempted to potty train Caden (one day intensive), but he just wasn't interested, and likely isn't ready - so we'll give it a few more months (sigh). I wasn't as good about taking pictures this time, but here are a few. We also enjoyed a fun game night with the OC's (my dad had some creative answers - we'll leave it at that). Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for coming to play - we miss you!


Both boys wanted to sit next to Grandma - we only did this one day ;). They put her in jail.


Sweet cuddles. And the laundry...I didn't clean a dish or fold a single item for the entire week - such a treat!


Ready to make muffins with grandma.

Happy baker.

A quick trip to the zoo before the weather heated up. And I believe this was the last picture taken with Caden's much beloved red sunglasses. They finally bit the dust.

Watchin the lions. And Grandpa Jack in his classic hat.

More lions.

I attempted to take Andrew to see the Kenwood fireworks from our church's parking lot this year (set off on July 3rd). In this picture he's watching, and enjoying fireworks that were going off at another country club a few miles away. I forgot just how insanely loud the fireworks were up close. Andrew was terrified, possibly scarred for life ;) - it may be a few years before we work up the courage to try again.

Will still loves his Grandpa Jack.

4th of July - I somehow managed to have red polo's in all their sizes (love the hand me downs). These were the best of many attempts to get them all looking.




Enjoying ice cream and some slip n slide in the backyard after dinner. We loved having dear family friends join us (who just moved here from Seattle).



Ice cream face.

A quick breakfast before heading off to fish with Grandpa Jack and Grandpa Rich (Joseph's grandpa). The boys had SO much fun - an adventure filled with falling in the lake, catching 5 (I think) fish, exploring through a stream and forest, and topping it of with donuts at krispy kreme. They were happy boys.

Caden wanted to bring his fishing pole (the magnetic fish stayed home) ;)

Will, flirting with Abby

1 comment:

  1. You know, I remember being afraid of fireworks as a child for the longest time and it was because my parents used to take us to the Jersey Shore onto the beach and we were so close that ashes from the fireworks would fall on us and I was TERRIFIED that I could catch on fire. But once they switched the viewing location to being safely away from falling parts I grew to enjoy them. No scars for life or anything :)
    (literally and figuritively)

    ReplyDelete