
My friend Marce had no idea how much she was about to change my life when she offered me a latte upon arriving at her house for a play date several months ago. The inexpensive little Italian stovetop contraption she showed me is one that has been around for eons, I'm sure, but one that I'd never seen before. It's incredible. Makes 3 or 6 perfect shots of espresso, depending on the size you buy (I now have both) :). You fill a small filter with ground espresso (I LOVE Illy, think it's by far the best) so can use decalf, or mix regular and decalf to get a "half calf" - my favorite.
I truly never thought an at home espresso maker would ever curb my love for Starbucks, but I can count on one hand the number of times I've been in the last 2 or so months. I did the math, and IF I went to Starbucks every day (which I never did, but I do now make a latte every day), I'd be saving $100 a month. I previously had a monthly Starbucks allowance, but this is still $20-$30 cheaper, and I get it ever day...and it honestly tastes even better. This sleepy mama is happy.
Oh, and I had to laugh. Caden and I went to Starbucks on Monday for a little date while Andrew and Dave were at the allergist (that's a whole new post), and the barista spouted off my order the moment he saw me (grande, half-calf, two pump peppermint, two pump mocha)...I wonder how long it will take for them to forget ;).
I am all aghast. Counting on ONE HAND the times you went to Starbucks????? I understand the weight of this and I stand in awe of the little italian contraption.. . and your friend Marce.
ReplyDelete:) YAY for a taste of Seattle too!!! SO glad you have this little taste of heaven!
ReplyDelete