Andrew started Kindergarten just four days after we got back (one day later than scheduled due to hurricane irene power outages). He's LOVING it so far.
With his teacher, Ms. Duffy. Precious.
At morning assembly, watching the flag go up. Seeing this pic still kind of makes my heart hurt - total first day of school confession. I was completely jet lagged, and forgot to make sure he went to the bathroom before we left. He had a wee incident in the bathroom because he couldn't figure out how to get his belt off! Luckily I was still there and was able to help, and those uniform shorts are super at wicking away moisture ;). He was very resilient (I told him he was super lucky because he was getting to go commando, which made him excited) ....internally I was a wreck. Not the way I wanted him to start his first day.
Later that night I went with these amazing ladies to see Lyle Lovett and his large band at Wolftrap. SUCH a fun night - my stomach actually hurt from laughing.
Labor Day weekend, we stopped by the Wintrol's house after church to join up with the "usual suspects".
My three sons + ice creme = bliss...followed by chaos.
Caden's first day of preschool came a week later. He was SO excited, and daddy got to co-op that day. He going five mornings a week this year.
Getting settled into his classroom.
With his wonderful teacher (we love her already), and dear buddy Nathan, who he gets to be in class with this year!
We're off to a good start. And so thankful for the wonderful schools and communites we get to be a part of.









Beautiful beautiful boys. So excited for all of the adventures they will experience this year in school. Lots of love from Tia
ReplyDelete