Sunday, January 1, 2012

Christmas

 "For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord."  Luke 2:11

Such a sweet celebration this year.  As usual, I wasn't great about taking pictures, but here is a bit of what we captured.

Christmas Eve - matching sweaters.  Thank you Target. 

We had the O'Connell's in for Shepherd's Pie - a tradition I love since it ties together my family's Norwegian tradition of gathering on Christmas Eve, with an Irish twist.  We read the account of the angels appearing to the Shepherd's (I love the Jesus Storybook Bible version) - I love this aspect of his coming.  That the Father announces the birth of his precious Son to lowly shepherds.  
I forgot to take a picture of the table - after dinner we broke out the chocolate fondue.  One of these years we'll make game night happen too.

Christmas pj's.  The first gift they get to open. 

 Christmas morning was wonderful.  We enjoyed Bible and breakfast first - danish pancakes, bacon, grapefruit, a latte for mama.  I loved (and was a bit surprised) that our boys sat and enjoyed this time together so patiently.  It may have helped that the presents were in another room, out of sight ;).

 Stocking time.  
 Mom and Dad were very good.
Hex Bugs were the hit this year.
Santa brought them Redskins jerseys
We had plenty of time to open presents before heading over to the 11:00 service at Church.  After naps we headed over to Dave's parent's house for Christmas dinner.  I forgot our camera, so am super grateful to Chris and Gin for snapping these pics for us!

This smile cracked me up.
Will face
My boys.
Boxes are the most fun.
Playing football outside = dirty knees.
Having Tia around is the best.
Cousin couch time.

No comments:

Post a Comment