How do you begin to say goodbye to a community that has meant so much? When we learned in January that our precious school would be closing, we couldn't begin to know how we would bear to walk away at the end of the year. And yet we know that our Sovereign Lord is writing a story much greater than we can understand. So we lean into the unknown, the pain of goodbyes, and trust that he is guiding us to places where he desires to use us for his greater purposes and glory.
Caden with his precious Kindergarten class on their last day together.
The fabulous Minnicks. What pains me the most about leaving this school is the partnership we have had in the gospel. Our kids have been loved, deeply loved by Godly teachers, who have woven our Lord's redemptive story into all that they've learned.
The last bus ride.
Yearbook signing. Will was very popular. I'm so sad I didn't get a picture with his incredible teachers, Ms. Caley and Ms. Steele!
We love Mrs. Janes.
Soaking up the final afternoon on campus. Walking out of that snowflake building for the last time was incredibly hard. As I left, two of my boys were ringing the old school bell. One of those moments I will never forget.
One last game of basketball in the gym.
Caden with his sweet class at the celebration of learning.
Doing their spiritual armor routine.
Andrew singing "The fifty nifty United States".
The incredible Mrs. Minnick.
And equally incredible Miss Minnick.
Andrew with one of his best buds, Auberon.
"But this I call to mind,
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
-Lamentations 3:21-24






No comments:
Post a Comment